Monday, January 27, 2014

Two, nine, TEN!

Soooo...this past week was way too busy all around, am bummed that I had to break the trend of posting every day.  Let's get caught up:
Two mornings ago, first thing, you flung yourself backwards at me during diaper change attempt and hit me super hard right in the middle of my nose, causing me tremendous pain, but thankfully no mark left.  This is consistent with your new hatred of diaper changes, the origin of which remains a mystery to us.
Yesterday morning, thanks to mommy having a new algebra review to teach on one Saturday morning each month, we had to get you up extra early and take you with us.  Though you didn't care much for the getting up early (and neither did we, I assure you), you were well-behaved for daddy as you waited on mommy to finish teaching.  We then went out to Anyway's for lunch, very yummy, though you didn't eat much, and found out that you don't care for Caesar salad lol.
I went to teach a lesson after that, and a little while after I returned from it, we all went to Meijer to do grocery shopping together.  Well, that was the idea anyway--you fell asleep by the time we were at Army Trail Road, so daddy offered to stay in the car and wait while you rested.  Thought you might wake up before I finished, because there were a lot of great sales, so I stocked up, taking me just about an hour to shop.  You woke up right as I was headed to the checkouts lol, thus you guys stayed in the car and waited on me.  Went back home, unloaded groceries and then mommy made manicotti for dinner.  You called it pizza lol, yet wouldn't try it.
Today, despite that we put you in bed only a little earlier last night than usual (thinking you needed it since you got up so early), you thought getting up early again was needed, like around 8:45, ugh.  You were a bit testy all day, but still your playful and fun little self.  I was gone for lessons for a good part of the day, so I have to rely on what daddy reported lol.
In the evening, you amused us by first of all chanting "Hey!" "Hey!" "Hey!" over and over while the theme to the Cosby Show played (the one where they have the dark grey solid background).  No idea where that came from at all lol.
Later, you got your Spiderman ball out to play with daddy.  We keep trying to teach you 'catch'--so far, you only kind of get the idea.  The amusing part is that, for whatever reason, when preparing to toss the ball to him (or me), you chant (very purposefully), "Two...nine...TEN!" and then throw it.  Just love this lol.
At bedtime yesterday, you were looking in the closet and discovered the toy drum set that Grandpa Kerry got for you (it's an old Fisher-Price plastic one).  You requested to get this out and play with it, absolutely love it, played with it again tonight before bed.  Let's sleep in tomorrow, 'kay?  Love ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment