Tuesday, January 7, 2014

another great indoor day :)

Perhaps that will be the title of the next few posts lol.  Nah, it's just that today was the bitter cold day outside--so super cold that the schools were all canceled, even daddy's.  I went out for my workout at the gym (we were going to all go, but thought it would be best to not take you out in it) and then for my lessons in the evening.  It was indeed super cold, I assure you!
Dad said you had a great day, apart from requesting "moo-ools" (noodles) and after he made them, you wouldn't eat any, silly boy.  Tonight when I arrived home from lessons, you were both at the table, munching on the 'cacorn' leftover from yesterday.  You informed me that 'cacorn, all done', and then identified "mommy and daddy", pointing us out, and repeating this a few times.  You also remembered you like to identify "daddy's eyes, baby's eyes" (we're not sure if you just can't pronounce your own name or you just know that you are a baby).  I then made omelettes for us plus rice/quinoa mix.  As I was cooking, you identified the eggs (and wanted to help me crack them, but I was too quick for you ;)) and the bacon (of which you had a piece).  Your curiosity got the best of you (as always) and you grabbed the bowl with the beaten eggs, part of which landed in the floor.  Thankfully, we had more, so no one had to go without an omelette lol.
The evening ended with you pushing around your shopping cart with your blankies in it, you snuggling on my lap for a bit to watch "The Daily Show", and then chanting along with the audience for Stephen Colbert (you say 'tee-un, tee-un').  Another great day with you (and yay for mommy keeping up with the blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment