Sunday, January 12, 2014

Twelve!

This morning, mommy had to leave just after you got up (to go do lessons), so didn't really see you until after I got home in late afternoon, post-lessons and grocery shopping.  When I did arrive home, you were napping, and dad reported that you had been good most of the day until he tried to have you nap.  You  objected vehemently, crying for an hour total before finally giving up.  And at that, you only napped for a short while before we heard you fuss.  I went to get you; you were still face down on the blankies and saying "help, help", in a whiny sort of way, but not moving much.  I picked you up, blankies and all, and we went to the living room, where I sat on the couch with you and you got comfy on my lap, as we reclined in the middle of the couch.  We watched "Adventure Time" and you barely moved, even when dad came back up from downstairs.
I then recalled that I had brought home a cookie for you from earlier in the day and had daddy fetch it from the car.  This made you happier, and eventually, you woke up and started getting more energetic.  Soon, you were up and around, running all over the place and playing with both me and daddy off and on.  You ran circles around daddy, of which I took pix and will post to facebook probably tomorrow.  You had some 'tah-sta' (pasta) for dinner with us as well, so that was happy.  You kept playing until we had you go to your room to wind down for bedtime.
There, you were playing with the shape clock again, and to our surprise, this time you identified the all the numbers, including 'telthe'! (twelve)  You also played with the stacking blocks again, thankfully less frustraing for you this time than the nights before (think you are starting to understand how the sizes work :))  Hope you sleep well, little dude, love you lots!

No comments:

Post a Comment