Thursday, January 9, 2014

Fit, stack, hide

Again today you slept in past 10, as did dad, so mommy chose to be the only one to head to the gym this morning.  When I came back, you, my little candy fiend, had managed to find (and unwrap) the Cadbury Egg I had in the candy drawer (which will soon no longer exist within your reach...).  You had half of it in your hand and said, "chacate ball, help" to me, because the middle part was squishing out and you don't like to get your hands dirty (you are an odd little duck lol).
I cleaned up and then we had to take daddy to work (today was still very cold and his vehicle is still buried under a mass of snow).  On the way back, I stopped to get a sandwich from Jimmy John's.  Upon seeing my purchase, you noticed the bag and said, "Chip?"  I had you say 'chip, please' and then shared some with you as we drove the rest of the way home.
In the afternoon, I tried to have you nap, but it didn't work out--guess you weren't tired enough yet.  Probably for the best, because it was soon time to go fetch dad, then head to my lessons.
At bedtime, you were playing with your stacking boxes.  These have a number (1-10) on one side, some object in that quantity on another, some other random things on the other sides, and a shape on the top.  One side of each box is open so that you can nest the boxes if you like.  They also stack very nicely, which is what we taught you to do with them first.  You know the word and concept of 'stack' as well as 'hide', because when you stack sometimes, you put the bigger ones over the smaller ones.  We then showed you how they 'fit' together inside each other, so you have been trying to practice this lately.  You get frustrated, though, because you haven't quite got the idea down yet.  I showed you to set them next to each other to 'make stairs'; you like doing this, too, except your 'make stairs' go up and down lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment