Friday, January 17, 2014

Sleeping on daddy

This morning, dad got up with you just before mommy woke up.  I cleaned up the kitchen, you had some "jeh-ee toast" (toast with jelly), and then I had to be off to work.  When I returned, dad had tried to put you down for nap, but you did nothing but cry, fuss, and fight it for a half hour.  He had to leave for work just after I arrived, and since you were still unhappy, I retrieved you and sat you in the recliner while I prepped both some lunch and dinner (for later, of course).  I shared the mac n cheese with you while you watched Bubble Guppies, and then you started to perk back up and by the time it was time to leave for Kailey's house, you were happy once again.  You behaved well at her place, as well as for Nikolina (Kristina's younger sister) while she babysat you at our place.
When I arrived home from lessons, you were lying across dad's lap in the recliner, asleep and looking as adorable as possible :)  It wasn't too long before you were up and around again, then decided you wanted a bath.  Oh how you love being in the tub lol!  You played a lot, I took some pix, and then dad came to take over watching you while I prepped some egg noodles to go with dinner.
When you finally got out of the tub, you were very happy to sit next to me on the couch and eat a bunch of my egg noodles lol.  At bedtime, we played with your set of matching cards--has been a while since we got those out--and you were able to name nearly all of them!  The really impressive one was when you said "dog with spots".  You objected only slightly when dad hoisted you into the crib, and I think tonight you went right to sleep for a change :)

No comments:

Post a Comment