Thursday, January 16, 2014

Cook!

Ok, today's entry is going to be a tad shorter, please forgive (I'm just elated that I have kept up with it so far for every day this year!).  We went to the gym this morning, that went well as per usual, then returned just a bit before Andrea arrived for her lesson.  This time, you decided you needed to investigate the left lower side cabinet of the china hutch, a place you normally don't ever get into.  You discovered the extra dishes down there, and managed to get a plate off the top of the stack (they are a little heavy, so this was no small feat).  You brought it over to me, then after giving it to me, you pointed towards the stove and said a word I couldn't understand, paused a moment, then said, "Cook?" I repeated back, "Cook?" and you said, "Cook!", which I then realized meant you wanted me to make some food on the stove for you lol (duh, mommy!).  I made you some rice, which you ate very happily just after Andrea was gone.
Tried to get you a nap following that, and I think you did actually try to nap--you were quiet for a good half hour or so--but then I heard you chattering to yourself.  I waited, as sometimes you do that and go back to sleep, yet about 15 minutes later, you shouted, "Mommy? Down!"  I was actually trying to rest at that time, too, so after I got you out of the crib, I returned to the couch and watched you play from there.  You were very good for me, tried to join me for a little bit, then returned to playing and watching cartoons lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment