Monday, January 20, 2014

Good boy, doggie

Today started much the same as many days, with all of us getting up together, then me heading off to go to a lesson, while you and daddy remained at home.  While I was gone, he posted this little story about you to Facebook:

Avery just climbed into my lap, curled up, then barked and panted. "Aw, you're a good dog," I said. 
"Puppy," he corrected me. I started petting him like a dog, but he stopped me and said, "I'll do it." Then he started petting himself and saying, "Good boy, doggie." 

LOL! We do say 'good boy!' to you a lot, but not doggie!  I wish I could have been there to witness this.  Daddy also reported that you were trying to sing the theme to "Peppa Pig", another thing I would have loved to hear.  So much cuteness! 
I went to the gym after my lesson, then to Savers (a nice thrift store) to take advantage of the 50% off sale on clothes and shoes.  I got you some tops, a pair of shoes, some toys, and the best find of all: a toy chest/shelf combo, only $8 (looked it up later and they go for around $75 brand new...)  Sure, it has a drawing of a dinosaur or something on one side, but nothing structurally wrong or otherwise.
Bringing this home gave me all the more reason to focus on getting your room cleaned up and slightly rearranged.  Since you grabbed the window blind the other day, daddy and I both agreed it was time to get your crib out of reach of it (has not been a problem up until now).  We also had to take down your baby monitor because it quit working, which is a big bummer, but also a little convenient, because the outlet we had it in is now freed up and enabled us to place your crib in front of it.  (You keep pointing up where it was, though, and asking "green?" (the 'on' light was green for it))  Worked on your room (daddy helped, too) until had it reorganized and the toy chest in its newly created spot, with the side that is drawn on coincidentally against the wall so no one will notice it (unless we rearrange the room lol).  This made your room so much more open--you have much more floor space now!  It also means you have far easier access to the closet doors--you took advantage of this fact nearly immediately, opening and closing them over and over.  You seem to really like the new toy chest and took to digging out stuff I had put in it within minutes of completion lol.
You took a short nap in the evening without complaint, got up not too long before I had to go out for a late lesson.  I grabbed a pizza for us while I was out, and you enjoyed some with us--still won't hold the piece and eat it yourself, though, as you really do not like getting your hands dirty from it lol.
One of the toys I got you today was a grab bag of plastic foods and dishes.  You have some already, but I wanted to add to your collection (since you enjoy playing with them so much and probably will for quite a time to come).  Took them to the bathroom sink to wash them, and of course you had to 'help'...yourself to playing in the water as I 'did the dishes'.  You kept playing around with the water after I was done, so I left you in there to have fun while I worked on laundry in my room (which is connected, so I could keep an eye on you).  I came downstairs for something and you followed me; it was then that I saw you had managed to completely soak the entire front of your shirt and top part of your pants.  You had the most puzzled look on your face, like you knew you wanted to tell me something was wrong, but not sure what to say.  You finally came up with "Wet" and patted at your belly.  So, yes, we had to fix that, got you in your "jammies" (as you have learned to call them from Grandma Judy lol) and then it was bedtime (where you got even more toys out of the chest lol).  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment