Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Boo!

Last week, cousin Ricky spent his spring break with us and thus got to see a lot of you.  Since you like to get 'puh-rised' (surprised), he started doing so by saying "Boo!", which cracked you up and you have now taken happily to saying as well.
Mommy has been working a ton, so there isn't always much for me to report, sadly.  Today I got the most time with you in the evening when I got home from working.  We did laundry and housework--fun, huh?  Actually, you really like it--wish it were going to stay that way lol (mommy can dream, right?)  As usual, you caught us off guard for a moment and started the washer load again (you do this far, far too often) when it had finished.  When I came to stop it (thankfully before you opened the door, for a change), I turned it off and went to run the rinse/spin cycle, as I never had figured out how to make it run just a spin cycle.  Well, guess what? You pushed a button and voilà, there it was--and a simple little thing, too.  So thank you for discovering what we need to use because of you lol.
At bedtime, we read some books as per usual.  I took out one that we don't normally read called "Hop!"  You seemed to like it ok--your favorite part was the "What's that sound?" page where a bee is flying over the bunnies.  I made a bzzzzzzz sound and you giggled.  I sure do love that giggle of yours.  When we read "Flip, Flap, Fly", you were very attentive--I just know you were working on memorizing it like you have the other books.  You cracked both me and daddy up, though, when you confused the words "flip, flap, fly" with the part from "Are You My Mother?" where it says "Down, down, down, plop!"  So, this version tonight had the mama helping the baby bird 'plop, plop, down' :D

No comments:

Post a Comment