Friday, March 7, 2014

Choose a category

This morning, when I came to get you out of your crib, you decided you needed to count the trees on my pyjamas first (one, two, eight, two, two, three, ten, 'leven, ten!).  After that, I was allowed to take you out so that we could descend to the living room and enjoy some Price Is Right, where you were happy to tell all the numbers you saw (as usual).  I worked on cleaning up the kitchen and then it was already time to head out for my first lesson.  When I came back, it was then time to be joined by Andrea; today you left us alone for the most part, though you did insist on getting out the toaster at one point (daddy helped you with this project).  After that, you shared a bit of lunch with me, held the back door open for a while to let in some cold air and stare outside for a few minutes until I made you stop (brrr!), then we played a little before I had to leave again.  Today your thing was to stand at the window, saying, "Race!  Ready, set, go!" and run across the living room to me and daddy.  You also decided you needed to help me rubbing dad's shoulders/neck, which was too cute.
When I came back, you and daddy were in the basement.  He reported that you were a good boy and at one point decided to simply nap on the floor in the living room for a while.  He wanted you to be undisturbed, so he went back to the basement.  He knew you were awake when he heard you loudly repeat, "Nnnnnick!" (you love to say this every time you see the Nickelodeon commercials/logo).
You were playing in the floor as I was doing a few emails; lately you like to attempt playing with your V-Tech laptop quite often.  You don't really get how it works, so you just press buttons and giggle when it makes certain sounds.  You also repeat it when it tells you to 'choose a category', which cracks us up.  Sometimes you do say what appears on the screen, so I think you are starting to get the idea a little at least :)

No comments:

Post a Comment