Friday, March 14, 2014

Playdate with Chelsea 2

This morning, I got you up slightly early so that we could go on a playdate once again with Chelsea (and her mom, Jessica).  The last time we did this was in November--oh how time has flown since then!  We met at the same place as last time, the play area of the Woodfield Mall.  You LOVED it there--tons of kids around and fun stuff to play on.  Chelsea explored quite a few more things than you; you preferred mainly to go down the slide over and over again.  I was so proud of you for playing nice with the other kids, taking turns and such :D  Unfortunately, Chelsea was on the tired side, so we stopped playing long before you were ready and headed to the Rainforest Café to have lunch together.  You enjoyed this, though you didn't eat very much (think your runny nose is still affecting your appetite, plus you started to show signs of being sleepy while there in the somewhat dim lighting).  You two didn't really interact a whole lot, but more than last time.  You actually gave Chelsea a hug while you were both on the slide together (so sweet!)  We were going to take our picture all together, but you were getting fussy and Chelsea was tired, so we called it done just shortly after leaving the Café.  Then I took you to daddy, whom we met up with at his work so that I wouldn't haven't to go out of my way before heading to a lesson.
When I came home after that lesson, we played for a bit, then I had to leave again.  When I returned from that, you were getting fussy and obviously needing a nap big time, so we put you down for one, despite your loud objections.  I'm glad you gave in, because daddy wasn't feeling super energetic (thus needed a break) and mommy went to lie down and have a nap as well.  I got up long before you did and went back out once again for my last two lessons. Upon my return, daddy reported that you had been quite the handful once you got up from nap.  You decided to fling rice all over the living room, which really made daddy upset and had to clean up, of course.  You were still full of energy for the rest of the time we let you remain awake--and you ate a bunch of mac n cheese with us for a dinner, too.  At bedtime, you read your stories/books very well.  Mommy seems to be coming down with what you have, so she's gonna head to bed now.  Love you lots, little guy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment