Monday, June 6, 2011

More About Yesterday's Class

Hey, Avery,

After I posted the blog entry yesterday, I thought of some more things that you might like to know about yesterday's childbirth class.  The teacher asked us a lot of questions, and here are my answers to some of them.

What is something you would like to do before the baby arrives?
I really want to get ahead on my work and studies so that I can spend all the time I possibly can with him.

What is something you've enjoyed about the pregnancy?
I've enjoyed making fun of the pregnant woman.  I know it sounds mean, but I'm really just trying to lighten the mood and make some of the less pleasant aspects of pregnancy more enjoyable for both of us. She knows it's all in fun and has a great sense of humor about the whole thing.

What is something about your partner that you hope the baby inherits?
I hope he inherits the love of education and learning that we both have.

What is something you're looking forward to after the baby arrives?
I'm looking forward to sharing toys, cartoons, and so on.  I still haven't outgrown them, and I'm sure my son and I will enjoy these things together.

What are you worried about?
TIME!  I'm very worried about the amount of time and effort that my job and my graduate school education take.  My job and academic performance are important to me, but so is my family.  I'm worried about being able to balance it all, but I'm going to do my very best.  I will have quality family time with my wife and son, even if it means I have to compromise somewhere else.

As you can see, there are a lot of hopes and concerns around you, little guy. But it's all for the very best reason: You are important to us and we want to give you the very best life we possibly can.  After all, you could end up being one of the greatest guys in the whole universe.  What makes me think so?  I can back it up with reasons, and that'll be a topic for another blog entry on another day.

Later, little dude!

Love,

Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment