Friday, August 26, 2011

37 weeks, 2 days

A quick entry to report today's weekly midwife visit results.  A midwife student was part of today's visit; she did everything the midwife did, thus I basically got two exams in one.  Was a bit intense--they were not sure of your position, thought we may have to have an ultrasound.  Though I'd have loved to get a peek at you, it turned out to not be necessary, so we'll have to hurry up and wait until we see you in person.  They were able to confirm that you are still head down, and now mommy is 1cm dilated and 50% effaced!  This has us excited because it means you are getting even closer...but you could still hang in there for a few more weeks at the same position, so we're trying not to let it get us too excited...  One more thing: we were told that you are "not a small baby"--not to say that you are oversized, just not small--I already suspected as much ;)
One other thing about today--we went bowling!  It was a mixer event for the honors group at DeVry for which daddy is a faculty 'sponsor'.  I wasn't sure if I'd be able to bowl much, as I haven't been in quite a while and, well, as everyone was saying, it would be like bowling with two bowling balls lol!  Ok, it wasn't exactly that, but I certainly could not make the effort I normally would have.  Usually, I bowl about 100ish; tonight, game 1: 49 (I have never had this low of a score lol!!); game 2: 74 (I finally started doing better after a game and a half--even managed to get one strike!).  It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I(we) went :)  Now it is time for mommy to head to bed and probably for you to squirm around a bunch as I try to fall asleep.  Love you lots, mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment