Wednesday, August 24, 2011

37 weeks

Yay, you are considered "full term" now!  And it feels like it, too--my belly is huge and I can tell almost every time you move even a little bit these days.  I've been having Braxton-Hicks contractions every day, usually more in the evenings, sometimes really intense ones.  Keep wondering when you will choose to come out and meet us...
It's harder for me to get around and do much lately, though I am still working.  If it weren't a job where I could remain seated, I don't think I'd be at it any longer, or not for very long at a time.  I've been cooking and doing some things in the house, but I get tired easily and end up napping nearly every day.  My sleep schedule is strange, as you might be able to tell by the time stamp on this entry.  Am hoping I can fall asleep after I finish this; many times, I feel tired and sleepy, only to lie awake in the bed thinking too much or the sleepiness goes away suddenly.  When that happens, I get back up and hang out on the computer or read until I'm sleepy again.
Not much has been going on other than work and wrapping up last minute preparations for your arrival.  There's lots more change in your bank since I posted the picture in the last entry :)  We put the car seat in daddy's vehicle over the weekend and got the bag packed for the hospital.  I had to slightly rearrange your room to make sure there will be a space for the crib; Nana Linda is swearing to me that it will be ready in time unless  you come early.  I'm still going to use the bassinet at first, though, because it will be easier to keep you near without waking you (it's on wheels, the crib isn't).  I also filled in as much as I could in your baby book; a lot of it has to wait until you are born, though.
Daddy has been super busy with work this week because it is finals week.  He'd like it very much if you would come during next week or the one after, as he won't be too busy just yet.  We'll see what happens.  The midwife we saw at last appointment (Mary) seems to believe you will be late.  I just want you to be healthy, good size, and ready, whenever that turns out to be.
Love you lots as always, mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment