Thursday, August 11, 2011

35 weeks, 1 day

We are getting so close to meeting you!  We're both very excited, of course :)  You are moving around in my belly a lot at this very moment while I type this...can't imagine what exactly you are trying to do, but I hope you are still comfortable in there.  I broke out with "pregnancy rash" about the same time as I wrote the last entry, but now it is getting much better (still not gone entirely, though, and have been told it may not until you come out).  Otherwise, I am still feeling good, just feeling heavy and big with you now (not a bad thing).  Each day, each night, I find myself wondering, "Will today be the big day??"

This past weekend, we went on one last road trip together, as we figure from now on, it is best to remain close to home.  We went to Saint Louis; had a wonderful time, of course (despite how HOT it was)!  It was just for Saturday-Sunday, so we only had time enough to do a few different things.  First, we went shopping in St. Charles. I spent my birthday money on a few little things--some for me, some for daddy, and one for you!  Here it is:


Now, every time daddy or I have some change, we'll be putting it in this bank for you--we started yesterday!

After shopping, we drove through Lone Elk Park, a place near which we used to live and visit often.  We were lucky--we saw the elk, buffalo, and even a couple of turkeys!  Then it was on to dinner at El Maguey--mmmmmmm.

The next day, we first visited the Butterfly House in Chesterfield.  Love that place!  I'd only been there once before (with daddy when we lived in St. Louis), daddy has been a few times.  Even so, it's a place that is a different experience every time we go.  This time, daddy bought you some more books (we just couldn't pass them up!):
Your library just keeps growing; since the picture I posted, I've bought more books, too, and now there are 321 total!!  I still need to clear out another shelf to put them all up (will post when I get this done).

Next, we headed to Fritz's, our favorite frozen custard place.  It was just as delicious as ever, and we found ourselves wondering what you will like there when we bring you and you are old enough to choose...

Then, we headed downtown to go to two places I'd never been: the Botanical Gardens and the Art Museum. Both places were great, no surprise there.  Here is a picture of me at the Botanical Gardens:

See how big we are together?!  It's funny, but I don't realize I'm this large until I see it in a picture (even though I know very well how heavy you are in there).
By the time we did the Art Museum, I was getting worn out--this worked out well, as it was time to head back home.  On the way back, we stopped off in Carlinville (where daddy went to college) to eat at Nick's Pizza.  Mmmm again!  Wish I could have more of that...will have to wait for next trip...

Today, a special present arrived!  This is the quilt that 'Auntie Suzanne' made just for you:
Close up of the tag:

It is her hope that it will be useful to you from the time you are born until you are an adult.  It is super warm and really beautiful.  I'm certain you'll be wrapped up in it within a couple of months :)
Time to go to bed now.  Love you lots, mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment