Friday, September 9, 2011

39 weeks, 2 days

We're getting so close to meeting you, can't believe it!  You're back to your regular activity, so our appointment at the midwives was faster today.  Progress was made--now measuring 2cm, still 50% effaced, not sure about station.  She said the cervix has come more forward, yet when I asked about the station, she said it was still -2.  That doesn't make much sense, so I'm just leaving it as "uncertain" for now.
There's not much to report as far as anything you've experienced with me/us lately; we've been just working and hanging out around home for the most part.  Everyone asks about you all the time, bets are being made as to when you'll arrive, etc.  Our moms wanted you to come last weekend (labor day), cousin Ricky even had a dream you were going to arrive last Saturday; I am actually glad it wasn't then because it would have most likely been very hectic in the labor wing and likely understaffed, too.  Daddy hopes you'll come now/this weekend; I just want you to come before we hit the 41 week mark, as I really don't want to have to be induced (which they will do if you are still in there at that point).  Meanwhile, I keep going on with work as usual, despite some of the clients telling me they don't think you'll be in there past the weekend/much longer.  I even have 2 new students to meet--one tomorrow and one on Monday!  We'll see if that happens...
Love you so much, getting even more excited to meet you ~ mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment