Sunday, January 17, 2016

Happy new year...a few days late

Yes, it's been a while, I know.  We've had a few holidays since mommy last put in an entry.  Normally, I manage to start the year with many entries, but mommy got sick around Christmas with a really, really bad cold that just finally went away a couple of days ago.  Thus, I really didn't feel up to writing much here.  That being said, I will once again renew my efforts to at least enter a little here once a week.  Really, I mean it!
For new year's, mommy and daddy, despite both of us not feeling our best by far, took you to a NYE party for families at the skating rink.  It was really fun and cute.  You and mommy skated a bit, but daddy didn't feel up to it, so he just watched.  We all had some pizza (which was surprising decent) and you were obsessed with making sure I found you a 'noise maker' (cardboard cone to 'toot'), which of course, I did.  You were upset that the balloons hat dropped were too hard for you to pop without my help, so you cried a little.  Next time, perhaps we'll take a pushpin ;)
Recently, you were cooking with mommy and you always get to pick eggs from the carton for me to use.  As I knew would happen eventually, this time the egg you chose slipped out of your hand and sailed to the floor.  Without even thinking about it, the first wird out of your mouth as a reaction was, "Sometimes."  This made mommy roar with laughter, as it is directly from a book you love to read called "The Best Mouse Cookie".  On one page, it says, "Mouse thinks baking is easy..." and on the next, "...sometimes."  On the 'sometimes' page, there is a picture of a broken egg in the floor :)  You actually didn't appreciate my laughter at first, then realized a couple of minutes later that it was indeed amusing.
Tonight you and daddy made a huge totem-pole looking tower in your room with your megablocks--it's pretty cool.  Love you lots and will write again soon, I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment