Thursday, September 5, 2013

trying to do better at this :)

Here's a recap of your day:
You got up around 9:50, which is slightly later than usual.  Daddy typically gets you out of bed, though we do take turns at this.  As usual, you woke up happy, ready to play.
We had some breakfast, got dressed, then headed to the fitness center.  Mommy got to swim for the first time in a long time, and daddy walked almost 3 1/3 miles!  Pretty sure you had a good time as well, but unlike last time, you were ready to go with us today when we came to pick you up :)
Came back home, had some lunch, then daddy went to work.  You sat on the couch and watched some TV, drank some milk, then put some coins in your bank while mommy cleaned the living room.  You don't like it when I run the carpet cleaning machine, but you'll put up with it if you are distracted.  As you watched Team Umizoomi, you seemed tired, so after you ran around a bit, I attempted to put you down for a nap around your usual 2pm time (after changing your poopy diaper).  This did not work, much to mommy's dismay, so I had to retrieve you and let you play some more and I cleaned a bit more.  You misbehaved only once, tossing some magazines and papers off of the end table, to which I had to say a stern "NO", pat your butt, then plant you seated on the couch for a moment.  You cried for a minute, then got distracted by the TV.
Around 4:15, I tried again to put you down for a nap.  Usually, if the first time fails, the second succeeds, but not this time.  Daddy came home about 15 minutes later and you still hand't gone to sleep, so we retrieved you once again.  After playing with you a bit and sharing some barbecue chips with you (that you love so much that you were trying to drink the crumbs from the dish!), daddy went to Aldi's to get a few groceries and we played a bit.  You love to circle around the Laz-y-boy chair that daddy got me just before you were born that I used as a rocker when you were newborn and nursing (used to be in your room, now in the living room).  You hide behind it and I say, "Where's Avery?", while you cleverly peek around one side or the other from the back.  I pretend I can't see you at first and sometimes you giggle, thinking you have bested me :)  Then I turn so I can meet your eyes with mine and we make funny faces at one another.  You giggle a lot and repeat this process at least a few times.  This time, you were running around after doing so, would point to the blankie that you put in my lap and exclaim 'lankieee' (yes, you are still obsessed with these), then run off behind the chair again.  I got a call from my mom (your Nana Linda) and as we chatted, you played with your pretend cash register.  You like to hum the notes it makes when you hit the 'off' key, and also talk to it when it says phrases to you when you hit certain other keys.  Meanwhile, I said, "oh geez!" a couple of times to the story my mom was telling, and wouldn't you know, you started trying to repeat that, which came out as 'oh cheeeeessse' lol!  Dad came home, then soon it was time for me to go out to teach a lesson.
When I returned from the first one, dad told me you'd been very playful and fun, and only napped for maybe a couple of minutes.  I cleaned up the kitchen a bit, then went out to teach another lesson.  When I returned from this one, dad reported that you had been on quite the eating binge since I left.  2 Gogurts, some watermelon, some chips, a bit of a smores bar, and some water.  I began making dinner, which was to be homemade mac n cheese.  And of course you had some of this--you loooove it about as much as we do, maybe more so lol.  After dinner, we played with you a lot to get you worn out, which we thought would be sooner than your usual 11pm bedtime, but oddly was not.  We put you in the crib for sleeping around 11 and you didn't fight, think you were out right away.  Pretty sure this is the first day you've ever missed a nap almost entirely...please don't start skipping naps, mommy is not ready for that yet!!  I love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment