Tuesday, September 24, 2013

On the eve of turning two

Just like most days lately, you woke up happy and ready to identify everything around you.  I put you on the potty and you went--this makes two days in a row!  That's as far as we've gone with it, though, as it seems you don't really know exactly what is going on there yet.  Then it was have a quick breakfast and pop over to the gym.  You have so much fun at the Kids' Zone that half the time, like today, when we come to pick you up at the end of our workouts, you aren't ready to go (you even cried one time last week lol!)

In the afternoon, while I was doing some laundry, you were watching Bubble Guppies and the recorded episode ended.  You kept saying, "Uh-oh, TV!" to let me know the episode had ended lol.  You are able to say sooooo many things now, it would be hard to recount them all.  You now know not just red, but also green, pink, purple and white--though you still like to say red the most.  Your first French word is 'main'; this is in fact the only word you know for hand.  You like pointing at each of us and declaring 'mom' or 'dad', and when I come home from lessons in the evening, you know it is me before I come to the living room and announce such.  You've started putting together ideas, like 'red car', 'machine all done', and 'I want in' (you say this for the ball pit).

While I went out for lessons, dad told me that you got to play a bit with the neighbor kids, then decided you needed to go for a very long walk and point out lots of dogs along the way.  Some of them were barking and when they stopped, you said, "Dogs all done!"  Lol!  Wish I could have been there for that one.

We did more laundry (you love helping with it) and played a bunch before it was your bedtime.  I think it was a great last day of you being 1.  Tomorrow we welcome you to being TWO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment