Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tonight, Tonight

Ah, my cute little guy, what a day being of you being so adorable :)  This morning, mommy had to go get a paper notarized at the bank (for the sale of the car to uncle Kevin), then we spent the rest of the morning together just having a usual time.  I put on some videos for you (since you like to dance to them) and you started trying to sing along with a few of them.  The one you did the best with was Hot Chelle Rae's "Tonight, Tonight"--you nailed that one easily and clearly.
After this, Andrea came over and you were good during the lesson, entertaining yourself with things like turning on the dryer, watching TV, and eating 'doo-doo foo sacks' (Scooby-Doo fruit snacks).  You felt the need at one point to join us at the table, just long enough to knock over a pile of plastic storage tubs (by accident).
After the lesson, I cleaned the kitchen, you attempted to help.  You requested at one point that I get out the step stool for you, which I did, positioning it at the island so you would be facing me.  As I worked, you got down at one point and I heard you attempting to move the stool.  I didn't figure you actually could, so I didn't worry about it much.  I heard some noises like you were getting in the drawers or cabinet of the island, which was fine because there isn't anything available to you there that would cause a problem.  Next thing I know, I look over to see that you were back up on the stool in same place, but now the hand-crank cheese grater had made an appearance on the island countertop.  This means that you managed to: 1. move the stool far enough over to get the cabinet door open, 2. had remembered where the device was kept and got it out by yourself, and 3. replaced the stool to position and hauled the grater up to the countertop.  Wow, little guy, just wow.
Soon enough, it was time to go to Kailey's house for her lesson, which you got excited about as per usual.  You were well-behaved there :)  I was going to go to Target after that, but you fell asleep on the ride home, so we went home instead.  I let you nap in the car for about 20 minutes, after we arrived, checking on you every 5.  This was nice and convenient, as I had some scanning I needed to get done for a student.  Big thank you from mommy for this one.  After got you back inside, we watched some more music videos until dad got home.
Later on, we had dinner, where you again thought you had to sing the Luna commercial before each bite of  rice.  You had a good amount of bacon and even a little bit of daddy's omelette.  We were watching The Simpsons, and you pointed this out for us (this is the first time you've named this show, and a little surprising because we don't watch it nearly as often as, say, Team Umizoomi lol).
After dinner, we cleaned up the living room a bit and ran the vacuum, or, as you call it, the 'cappoom'.  You exclaimed, "I do it!", which means you want to help, so I let you go for it.  Boy are those 3 square inches super clean now lol.  Ok, ok, you did a bit more than that, but only because I had to help move it around a bit (you would have otherwise probably stayed moving across the same tiny swath).
At bedtime, we've been trying to get back to reading stories with you, which I do by just reading books, regardless of whatever you are doing.  It tends to draw you in, so I plan to continue :)  Tonight I had 'The Bunny Hop' as one of the selections, and asked you if you could count the bunnies on the front cover.  You attempted with, "Two...one...six...seven...eight...nine...ten *pause* nine...eight...*pause*six...seven...six...seven...eight...nine...ten *pause* hundred!"  Oh how you crack us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment