Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Silly Songs for Avery

Hey, buddy!  It's Dad.  I realized recently that there is one unique aspect to our relationship that I think should be recorded in your blog.  See, I have this little trick that I use to distract you when you're fussy about something, which buys me time to solve the problem and make you happy again.  I just start singing silly words to familiar tunes, sometimes rather loudly in proportion to your volume, that turns our time together into a sort of impromptu musical.

For example, when you first started standing up on your own, some of your larger pants would start to fall off of you.  So I would sing this to the tune of "London Bridge".
Avery's pants are falling down, falling down, falling down.
Avery's pants are falling down, silly baby.

Last night, you were getting hungry.  (I was too, but unlike you, I wasn't fussing about it.)  I had no idea what to give you, so as I was searching the kitchen and you were fussing in the high chair, I was singing this loudly to drown you out.  To the tune of "Frere Jacques":
What to feed you?  What to feed you, Piggy boy, Piggy boy? Always you are hungry. Sometimes makes you angry. Hungry boy. Hungry boy.

This happens all the time, so I'll start posting my dumb, improvised lyrics here as they spew out of me. Who knows what silly thing you'll inspire me to do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment