Wednesday, May 4, 2011

21 weeks, 1 day

(note: the title indicates how far along I am in the pregnancy)
It was just 6 days ago that we got to see you on the ultrasound and find out you are a boy--it was such an exciting day!  I wanted to start the blog that evening, but our (mine and your dad's) schedules were simply a bit too crowded, thus I had to wait until today.   I've been able to feel you moving since I was about 14 weeks along; you moved so much during the scan that many of the printed pictures we have are a bit blurry :)  I love feeling you move--it still surprises me pretty often, even though I'm more used to it now.  The pregnancy has given me a mild case of heartburn lately (first time in my life for this), which is nothing compared to what some people have to put up with while they are pregnant, so I feel lucky in this respect.  Every day, I think of you often and wonder what it is exactly that you are doing in there, wishing I could see you again.  As far as I know, I won't get to until you are born, which is still a few months away.  And yes, we love you already, very much.  Your grandparents, uncle Kevin, and other relatives are also very excited about your pending arrival.
Thought you might like to know that while in utero, you have traveled a bit more than perhaps the average fetus.  Besides visiting our relatives in other nearby states, you also experienced two trips to California (via plane); one was for a conference dad attended, where he bought you your first piece of clothing (a onesie), and the other was for the wedding of a friend (Justin).  On that trip, you visited your first National Park, Yosemite.  It was the first time any of us had been there--we thought it was gorgeous, and talked about coming back there one day with you.  We hope you will love nature just like we do and that we will have lots of great experiences exploring and enjoying it as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment