Monday, February 3, 2014

Thank goodness for napping today

Lately, you have not been one to nap, as I have noted in the other entries. Today, mommy had a couple of lessons this morning, and then needed to work on a paper that was due today by the end of the day.  When I first got home, daddy was super tired, so I told him to go take a nap/rest and I'd watch you.  This meant, of course, that I was not able to work on my paper yet, but that's ok.  I did manage to pull up some possible sources to quote for it, though, because at one point you decided to just pile on my lap for about 12 minutes of watching 'Despicable Me' lol.  You were super quiet and calm, which made me wonder for a moment if you might nap on me.  About that time, you slid off my lap, down my legs, to the floor to roll around with your blankies.  You were snuggling them sort of like you do when you are getting ready to nap, so I said, "How about if you go take a nap? Let's go to your room and do that, come on!"  And up the stairs you went!  You played with your Team Umizoomi shapes thing for a little bit, then I put you in the crib and you settled down to nap pretty much right away.  Dad emerged from the bedroom just minutes later and was shocked that you were down for a nap lol.  We both took advantage of the time and worked, which was great!  I got mostly done with my paper before you got up, so that was wonderful.
When you got up, you were a little groggy (you slept for 3 hours!), but quickly came around and were in a very happy mood, yay!  You ate a bunch of rice our of my dinner bowl, and the funny thing was, I sang the Luna commercial tune at one point to see if you'd chime in (you did).  Then, after that, you seemed to think you needed to chant that every time before taking another bite of rice lol.  You got out your own spoon, failed on using it, so went back and got a fork, failed on that, then got another fork.  I said, "What are you doing, Mr. Fork?" and you just giggled.  Apparently this phrase was amusing, because I repeated it and got the same reaction out of you several times.  Love making you giggle like that :)
Later, just before bed, I discovered that we have a channel/service that allows us to play music and/or videos from a list, so I put on some dance songs for you.  Of course you danced, which I always love watching, but you also thought you needed to swing your arm around and around really fast.  When the last song was done and I stopped the service, you looked at the screen and said, "All done, dance TV." lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment