Thursday, January 4, 2018

Mr. Chef and Christmas gifts

For Christmas this year, you asked for 3 main things: a kitchen playset, an RC helicopter, and a Nerf gun.  Lucky you, Santa brought all 3!  The helicopter, unfortunately, was not working correctly, so we took it back to a store to get a refund--we'll get a replacement one after we move.  The Nerf gun has gotten a fair bit of use (you actually got 2--one from Santa and one from daddy), but the kitchen has received the most attention.  Nearly everyday, you "cook" for me and/or daddy, which we love.  You've even said that you might want to grow up to be a chef :)  Tonight you were cooking for me and told me you could cook lots for me, as I could never get actually full on pretend food lol.

There were other gifts besides these, too.  You got an Angry Birds themed LEGO set, a set of talking Angry Birds figures, a Lite Bright, a book about a "mousetranaut", Mad Libs booklet, and a super nice blanket that Nana made for you.  There were probably a few other little ones I can't think of as well.  Point is, Santa must have thought you were very, very good this year. 

Today was a good day, spent indoors at home, as it is suuuuper cold right now.  We've been below freezing since we got back from Nana's (27 Dec), and forecast says we will likely stay that way for a while to come.  The highest temp we are going to see will be on Sunday, which is currently predicted at 30°F--on verra...  For this reason, we've been staying inside for the most part, only venturing out when necessary.  Tonight we took down the Christmas tree--something I usually reserve until 6th of January or later, but given the upcoming move is in 13 days (!), need to get as much packed as soon as possible.  I also packed up some of the downstairs closet; while doing so, you hung out with me and we decided that in the new house, we must set a 'family game time' for each week.  We have A LOT of board games, so this should not be a problem :D

Another part of routine I want to get back to implementing is the bedtime book.  With my job last year making me go to bed early (and keeping me busy late in the evening), we got off track from doing this.  You are still an amazing reader, though, so no worries on any hindered progress, thankfully.  Tonight's book was "I Am Not Reading"--super cute.  Love you lots XOXO ~mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment