Tuesday, February 10, 2015

More cooking

Just a brief entry for today :)  This morning, we went to the gym and you had a great time at Kids Zone like usual (and mommy had a great workout, too :))  In the afternoon, mommy wanted to cook some more, and as always, you were right there to help me.  First we made some chocolate chip oat bars that turned out really good.  You sampled the dough as we went along, assuring me with lots of "mmmm"s lol.  Second, we made ratatouille.  The first ingredient I chopped up was eggplant.  You were fascinated with the vegetable when I got it out (think this is the first time you've seen one up close/not in a supermarket), examined it, held it above your head, and watched closely as I cut it.  To my surprise, you reached for a slice and took a bite!  You had a funny look on your face, so I suggested you try it without the skin, cut off a small piece and let you try another nibble.  You pondered as you chewed and then said, "yucky eggplant." LOL!  You didn't spit it out all over the place, so I don't think it was super yucky, but I was elated that you just tried something new like that and told you so, plus rewarded you with a few M&M's.  You then requested celery and apples, which have become some of your new favorite snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment