Wednesday, November 21, 2012

november begins

jeudi 1 novembre--Today was a good day, though nothing terribly exciting or out of the ordinary to report.  You spent most of the day with me.  Tried to have you nap around 12:30, failed, so we waited and tried again at 2pm, which worked great.  Am thinking that may be your time preference for napping right now...we'll see how it goes, though.  Post-nap, you crawled all over the place, had a great time as always.  Got a video of you giggling, rocking in the recliner in your room.  You had the mac n cheese leftovers for dinner, which you loved just as much as last night.  Dad had you while I worked and said you were happy and energetic for him, too.  When I returned, gave you a bath where you splashed like crazy and loved it (I always get wet, even if I manage to use the curtain to try to guard against it).  You weren't pleased about bedtime, but that's fairly normal unfortunately.  You keep fighting it and end up falling asleep doubled over or in half-crawl position (legs tucked under).  When this happens, you typically wake up an hour or two later and we have to comfort you and reposition you (like tonight).

dimanche 4 novembre--Today we turned the clocks back, but you still got up at what would be your normal time (around 9:30, so today, 8:30).  That was fine, as I needed to be up to get ready for work and daddy to get you ready for traveling.  I would have gone with you tow, but I had lessons, so I stayed behind.  You had a great time with daddy going to Jacksonville, IL for a family event (an anniversary party).  Meanwhile, after I did my lessons, I came home and got my homework for the week done so that dad will be able to do his work during the week.  We are also expecting visitors this week, so I want to keep working on the house, too.  Since you slept in the car, we let you stay up a little tonight, am hoping we can get you back on schedule through the week.

mardi 20 novembre--Well, November is no longer beginning, so I'd better wrap up this post.  I can't possibly include everything that has gone on for the last 15 days, so I will just stick to the few we've just had.  Today was a day of running errands together.  You were super well-behaved as we went everywhere and no surprise, caught a few zzz's in the car, too.  You've been sleeping a bit more these past few days, which we are thinking means you are teething hard again.  I managed to finally get a glimpse of your top 1 year molars; they are not all the way through yet by far, and I can't tell if you've started the bottom ones.  You have been chewing on your fingers quite a lot as well.

Friday (16th), we packed up and went to Nana Linda's for the weekend to celebrate early T-giving with family there.  We had a good trip down, except for when you got mad because the sun kept getting in your eyes (we did our best to keep it out, but it was a tad rough for that hour before sunset!)  You had a bit of a fussy evening, though--think it was because you were not used to being away combined with the teething.
Saturday (17th), we spent the day at Nana's; daddy and uncle Kevin played outside (a ghost hunting game daddy just discovered) because it was super nice weather.  Mommy helped Nana prepare the dinner--we had turkey, ham, scalloped potatoes, corn, and handmade Parker House rolls, with malted milk chocolate mousse for dessert.  You enjoyed sampling all of it, no surprise :)  After dinner, we gave you your first haircut!  It was just a little trim, we gave Nana the honor of performing the job (and she did very well!!)
Sunday (18th), we returned home.  The trip back went well, too, but was a bit longer because we stopped at A&W for dinner (and found out you love their root beer floats!)  It was a bit late when we returned, so we decided to wait until the next morning to return the rental car.

That brings us up to yesterday (19th), which was a fairly uneventful day.  Mommy returned the rental car in the morning and went to workout alone, as you were still sleeping.  Spent most of the day cleaning house and playing with you, then let daddy take over when I went to work.  You have gone back to napping twice a day, it seems, and yesterday your second one was long!

I will do my best to get back to daily snippets after this :)  Love, mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment